Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Back in the Loop


Sorry for the long silence, things got pretty hectic around here...and now I am allowed to share as to why. Our school was low in enrollment (especially in third grade) therefore a teacher had to be displaced (go to a different school that was high in enrollment).

I always hate when things like this happen because you see wonderful teachers leave and usually end up at schools that are not near their homes and a lot of times they have their own children that have to change schools as well.

This year I decided I wanted to volunteer to be displaced. I felt that this was a great opportunity for me to try and actually get closer to my house. I love my current school dearly and have been there for almost 7 years, but I was driving approximately 30 to 40 min one way to get there. It was okay prior to having my daughter, but now it's be really difficult. My husband works nights so I have to get her up early, take her to daycare, drive to the school (which in our area is a late starting school, meaning we get out late too), spend a little time grading papers and such, drive back to my area and pick my daughter up from daycare, run home and get dinner started...and by that time I probably get around an hour or so to spend with her before bed time. This year it has been really hard on me. So I saw this as a wonderful opportunity! After going a a few interviews (yep after not interviewing in over seven years...it was interesting). I was offered a third grade position just over 15 minutes away from my house! Of course I accepted, but was not allowed to discuss things for a little while due to parents needing to be notified and such...which is not an easy task AT ALL, especially not being allowed to tell my own students.

I am so excited for this new adventure! It was not a quick and easy decision and I am going to GREATLY miss my current school and especially my grade level. But I am ready for the challenge and new things to come. Good thing for all my readers, you all get a second classroom reveal!!!!!! Stay tuned for that!

On another note we were out of town for a little while because my sister finally came home from her year long deployment!! We were able to see her actually get off the bus! Enjoy the pictures.
Here they come!
There she is!!!!
Grandpa

Hugs for Aunt Jennifer

Helping out

Out to dinner!